13.1.12

500 Days Of Summer

I watched 500 Days Of Summer in Star Movies a few weeks ago. I thought it was a romantic love film, but actually it wasn't.
I enjoyed watching first half of this film, but after that I got so depressed -_- And at the end, I didn't like that film at all. Summer was such a very mean girl! How could she be so mean by leaving Tom and marrying another guy when she said she didn't even believe in love or wanna be in a relationship with someone :') 
I just didn't understand what was the point of the author making this kind of stressing film -_- This film was so frustrating...
I kept arguing with my friend who said that this film was very fantastic, awesome, cool, so true, bla bla bla. It wasn't fantastic or cool or awesome at all! It wasn't even romantic! Then she said, "Who said it was a romantic film? Don't you remember what the narrator said? This is NOT a love story. It's a story ABOUT LOVE."
Firstly, I still didn't get it. But then I realized. That film told us about LOVE, what love are supposed to be. That film was NOT a love story, so it hasn't to be romantic. Love is unpredictable and complicated, like what Summer felt. And love does hurt, like what Tom felt.

It would be so much pain for being Tom, I had ever felt being like him. But we couldn't also make Summer loves him if she didn't, I had also felt being like her too. Then I realized, I was a bit depressed when I watched this film because as I watched it, I felt like I was Tom, I felt his pain. But actually, as I realized, I was being like Summer lately in my daily life -_- being so mean, unstable, unpredictable, and I didn't know why.
Not only me could be both of them, we all could be. Maybe you just didn't realized sometimes you were hahaha.


Anyway, here are some of my favorite dialog :')

Tom : Look, we don't have to put a label on it. That's fine. I get it. But, you know, I just... I need some consistency.
Summer : I know
Tom : I need to know that you're not gonna wake up in the morning and feel differently.
Summer : And I can't give you that. Nobody can.

Summer : I woke up one morning and I just knew.
Tom : Knew what?
Summer : What I was never sure of with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment